Aging or improperly engineered regulator and control systems have the potential to become a liability and cause additional operational and engineering challenges in the event of a failure or outage, our team of field engineering experts is ready to maintain or even help you select and upgrade your control system.
Properly requisitioned and commissioned regulator and control systems play a definitive role on plant availability.
Controls & Excitation Field Services
esi-energy is ready to help modernize & upgrade your controls & excitation systems.
Specific Internal Requirements
Every power plant, especially industrial and petrochemical stations, are a world onto its own with specific internal requirements and grid characteristic.
Control system support services include:
- Full hardware and field support for vintage analog, SCT-PPT and Directomatic systems.
- Full hardware, engineering and field support for Innovation Drive-based EX2000® and LCI systems.
- Full hardware, engineering and field support for Innovation (VME) series EX2100® systems.
- Full hardware, engineering and field support for enhanced (cPCI) series EX2100e® systems.
- Full control core swaps and regulator upgrades for all vintage and drive-based exciters to the latest Basler DECS systems and firing circuits.
- EX2000 ® and EX2100® reapplication.
- PSS studies and algorithm application to new or existing exciters.
We hold over 100 combined years of AVR systems, field service and engineering expertise (going back to the analog series excitation systems).
Control System Support Services
Upgrading & retrofitting your control system can effectively extend the operational lifetime of your power plant & equipment.
Money Well Spent
Properly maintaining vintage or new, state-of-the-art control system is money well spent.
Whether you have a Speedtronic Mark I®, II®, IV®, V®, the latest Mark Vie® or Woodward state of the art systems, esi is here to address all life expectancy issues.
From card supplies and control system calibration (for vintage series Mark I® and II®), to HMI upgrades (Mark IV®and V®) and day to day configuration esi offers the expert knowledge you need.
Typically, all control systems are requisitioned to generic, type-based models and esi recognizes that every power plant is distinguished and unique with specific internal requirements and equipment inter-operability considerations. This means that functionality of both vintage and modern systems leave something to be desired.
Repair with New or Re-manufactured Parts
esi-energy can repair existing equipment, source new or re-manufactured parts with warranty, support all types of outage type activities, mitigate and correct recurring engineering problems and install brand new out of the box digital systems.