BE1-11, Generator Protection System
Correctly configuring protection with confidence has never been easier than with the BE1-11. The BE1-11g Generator Protection System is designed with a complete line of protection and control elements, from backup distance (21) protection to phase differential (87). An available advanced synchronizer (25A) includes selectable phase-lock-loop and anticipatory modes.
The BE1-11 has many features to address issues with reliability arising from programming complexity. With BESTspace™ files, multiple BESTlogic™Plus preprogrammed logic schemes, and associated application notes, you can be confident that you have the protection you need.
- Entering protection settings with confidence is easy with BESTCOMSPlus® software that provides intuitive settings with graphs, built-in error checking, and summary screens.
- Complex protection is easy to configure and understand with preprogrammed schemes, drag-and-drop logic, user labels, and notes provided by BESTlogic™Plus.
- The Offline Simulator, provided in BESTlogic™Plus, helps identify and troubleshoot the logic without the expensive need for physical hardware.
- Adaptable coordination for difficult applications is made possible by 24 industry-standard timing curves and five user-defined curves.
- Backup and cogeneration applications benefit from frequency tracking capabilities.
- Meet your modern communications needs with 10/100Mbit copper or 100Mbit fiber-optic Ethernet with IEC 61850, DNP, or Modbus®.
- Connection is easy, even when using multiple large wires, with large screw terminals for all terminations.
- Get the information you need for system analysis with distance-to-fault, oscillography, demand metering, power quality, breaker monitoring, and other data provided by the BE1-11.
- Increased security and selectivity provided with optional differential protection.
- Easily navigate settings and metering with the intuitive Human Machine Interface (HMI) menu and large LCD display.
- Customize displayed information to meet different application needs with user-defined indicators and labels.
- Direct control of internal logic using Select and Operate buttons available on the front panel.
- Reliable protection even during abnormal operation events such as high ambient temperature, blocked cooling, or worn bearings, with optional RTD module.
- Optional RTD module with fully configurable analog outputs can be used to drive analog meters. Easily assigned trip points can be scaled by the user to reflect measured parameters.
- Up to 14 combined alarm and trip temperature monitoring points are possible using an optional RTD module.
- Reduce installation costs and improve reliability by mounting an optional RTD module near the point of measurement to minimize cable lengths.
- UL Class 1, Div 2 rating allows the optional RTD module to be installed in harsh environments.